School District 104
Tuesday, March 17, 2020
Internet providers are working hard to increase community access to the internet during this time of social distancing. Please review the options below.
- Comcast/AT&T home internet. Both services provide basic internet for $9.95 to households that qualify for free/reduced lunch services. Comcast is also providing the first 60 days free of charge.
- Comcast WiFi. Comcast is also turning on free public WiFi at all Comcast subscribed businesses. Household devices can connect to “xfinitywifi” at no charge for the next 60 days.
- AT&T WiFi. AT&T is also turning on free public WiFi at all AT&T subscribed businesses. Household devices can connect to “att-wifi” or “attwifi” at no charge for the next 60 days.
- Charter/Spectrum internet. While Charter/Spectrum is offering discounted services, they are not a provider in the Chicagoland area.
- Mobile phone providers have also initiated promos or policies that provide for expanded access to the internet. Please check your provider website for more information.