Good afternoon HMS families,
Our first week of e-learning has gone well and we are seeing success with many of our students logging on to Schoology to complete assignments. Here is some additional information for parents.
- Chromebook pick-up make-up day is Monday (8:30-10:00am). Come to the office one at a time and continue to practice effective social distancing.
- Schoology parent access is available here (bit.ly/SchoologyParentAccessHMS). Access codes will be sent back to parents via the email address provided.
- Schoology student access was failing early in the week, but it seems many of the issues have been resolved. Teachers are communicating through Schoology and via email, and parents are encouraged to check in with children and have them show you what they have been up to. Communicate with teachers if you have questions about classwork.
- Student packets are available Mondays (8:30-10:30am) for those not able to complete work online. Come to the HMS office area one at a time to pick up work for each class.
- Packets each week or extra-credit packets (from March 11th) can be dropped off near the office as the new work is picked up each Monday. Parents or students can elect to take pictures of the work and email it to the teacher to manage delivery.
- Our current return date is May 1st, but we expect more information to come out from the state and from the Governor’s office later in the month. We will communicate this information as we get it.
- Staff Development Days are scheduled for Mondays in April and teachers will be using this time to plan and prepare online and packet lessons for students. During this time, they will not be available to respond to student questions until the following day. Student work on these Mondays will be catch-up days to focus on completing any missing assignments.
We are hopeful that our community is doing well during this ever-changing situation and we continue to respond to students and staff needs each day. We are always here to assist so please reach out if you have any questions.