For information regarding [bill assistance options available to help those struggling with past-due balances, call 1-800-EDISON1 (1-800-334-7661), M-F, 7am-7pm. [ComEd] customers can also visit ComEd.com/Support to learn more about the following payment assistance options and eligibility requirements:
- CARE Customer Hardship Grants. Residential customers facing financial hardship may be eligible to receive one-time CARE grants from ComEd to help them get back on their feet.
- COVID-19 Financial Bill Assistance. A one-time bill assistance credit of up to $500 is available this year for eligible, low-income households.
- Flexible, Extended Payment Arrangements. For a limited time, low-income households and residential customers expressing financial hardship may be eligible for a flexible payment arrangement so they can spread balances over 24 payments, with 0% down. Residential customers who may not be facing financial hardship, but would like to spread balances, may be able to do so over 18 payments, with no more than 25% down.
- Waiver of New Deposits and Fee Relief. ComEd is waiving any new deposit requirements for a limited time for customers expressing financial hardship and extending relief from various fees (such as reconnection fees) to help low-income residential customers.
- State and Federal Financial Energy Assistance. Illinois’ Percentage of Income Payment Plan (PIPP) and the federal Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) also provide valuable financial help to households that may be facing financial challenges.]
[The above is an excerpt from the ComEd October 9, 2020 School Outreach Letter- Payment Assistance Information]